Our Family Caring For Yours
The Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System (HRHS) provides medical care to Reno county residents and the surrounding area. We are an active part of our community and the largest employer in the county, with 1350 employees.
We are a locally owned and governed community hospital whose service area includes Reno and the surrounding counties. More than 40 years ago a group of visionary leaders made history when they successfully combined two competing hospitals into one united entity that could serve all the healthcare needs of the area. In 1975, the merger was one of the first of its kind in the nation.
In the decades since, the hospital and its affiliate entities have provided quality medical care to tens of thousands of our neighbors. We have worked hard to stay up-to-date with the changing requirements of providing quality healthcare.
About Hutchinson Regional Medical Center
A not-for-profit, 190-licensed bed, acute-care hospital serving the heath needs of the more than 65,000 residents of Reno county and the surrounding communities. HRMC is accredited by the Joint Commission, a prestigious national organization that grades healthcare institutions on quality measures.
To enhance the quality of life through integrated healthcare.
To become the leading wellness-focused medical center through collaboration, efficiency & outcomes.
Horizons Mental Health Center – Established in 1968, Horizons provides residents of Reno, Barber, Harper, Kingman and Pratt counties with a full range of out-patient mental health services including individual & family therapy as well as community service such as case management and psychosocial group therapy. We provide integrated care through community partners. Horizons’ dedicated and professional staff is committed to providing exceptional behavior health care.
Hospice & Home Care of Reno County – Hospice provides medical support services for patients diagnosed with life-threatening illness. Hospice is accredited by the Joint Commission. Care is provided in the home or at Hospice House, a warm and comfortable facility conveniently located close to Hutchinson’s other medical providers. HomeCare provides in-home health care services for acute and chronic needs. During the past year, more than 3,000 people in the area utilized Hospice and HomeCare services. The agency also provides outreach services including Palliative Care, a Community Pulmonary Program and Care Transitions.
Health-E-Quip – Our home medical equipment supply company makes the transition from hospital to home easier, improving the recuperation experience for our patients. We are TJC Accredited and consistently voted #1 provider of medical equipment by The Hutchinson News.
Hutchinson Regional Medical Foundation – Since 1979, the Foundation has solicited and managed private donations that support patient care throughout HRHS.
Explore the history of Hutch Regional, view historic photos, and learn about our community impact.
1970s Milestone and Advancements
- Merger of Grace Hospital and St. Elizabeth’s Hospital Forms Hutchinson Hospital Corporation in September 1970
- Construction and Opening of New Hospital
1980s Milestones and Advancements:
- Chalmers Cancer Treatment Center Opens
- Mobile Nuclear Camera
- Cardiac Monitoring in ICU
- Biplane Radiology Equipment
- Fluoroscopic X-Ray
- Linear Accelerator
- Construction Grant: Dillon Living Center
1990s Milestones and Achievements:
- Ray E. Dillon Living Center Opens
- CT Scanner
- Hospice Building
- Chalmers Cancer Treatment Center Equipment
- Chalmers Cancer Treatment Center Linear Accelerator
- Cardiology Program Launched
- Hospital Expansion
- Dialysis Unit
- Family Birthing Center
- Community Health Center
- Residential Care Unit for Terminally Ill
- Heart Surgery
2000s Milestone and Achievements:
- Hospital MRI Added
- Hospice House Opens
- Horizons Mental Health Center and Hospice & HomeCare of Reno County Relocate
- Interventional Radiology Equipment
- Chalmers Cancer Treatment Center
- Emergency Helicopter Service
- Sleep Diagnostic Center
- Six New Surgical Rooms Added
- TomoTherapy Unit
2010s Milestones and Achievements:
- Hutchinson Hospital changes its name to Hutchinson Regional Medical Center
- First DaVinci Robotic Procedure Performed
- “I CARE” Core Values
- $6.2 million Emergency Department Expansion
- $23 million ICU Expansion
- $2.7 million MRI Scanner and Suite
- Electronic Health Records
- Stryker Mako Robotic Arm
- CAP-Certified Laboratory
- Expansion of Medical Staff
- TJC Certification
- Horizons Mental Health 50th Anniversary