Providing Ongoing Health Education
At Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, we’re proud to be a Kansas State Board of Nursing-approved provider of continuing education. (Kansas State Board of Nursing Provider #LT0025-1127.)
Our courses are approved for contact credits applicable to RN, LPN and LMHT, as specified by each course.
In addition, we offer programs to earn Respiratory Continuing Education Credits on behalf of the Kansas Respiratory Care Society, a chapter society of the AARC. (Kansas Respiratory Care Society Provider # KRCS 005.)
Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS)
This eight-hour course teaches recognition and management of an acute stroke patient. The ASLS curriculum is utilized by EMS providers and hospitals throughout the world.
Participants will learn to recognize the five main stroke symptoms, perform a focused neurologic evaluation, understand prehospital and emergency department protocols, describe the differential diagnosis of acute stroke and the logistics of an emergency acute stroke response team, know how and when to administer t-PA to acute ischemic stroke patients, and apply the six aspects of acute stroke care to hospitalized patients.
- Continuing Education Hours: 8. A post-test score of 72 percent is required for course completion.
- Location: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Pavilion Gym
- Fee: $30 for HRMC employees/$75 for non-employees.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Our Pediatric Advanced Life Support course is designed to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes. RNs, APRNs, respiratory therapists, and physicians can all benefit from the PALS course.
Enrollment is limited, and registration form and fee must be received four weeks prior to class date.
- Continuing Education Hours: 12.
- Location: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Conference Room F
- Fee: $200, including book/$170 without a book (2016 edition of book is mandatory).
Policies and Information
- Check-in begins 30 minutes prior to program starting.
- Complete attendance is required for credit.
- Registration closes 15 minutes after program begins.
- Children may not attend.
- No radios, beepers or cells phone allowed.
- If, in order to attend your selected class, you need auxiliary aids or services as identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the education department at 620-665-2057.
Certificates of Attendance: Upon completion, a certificate stating credits will be distributed to all attendees. A certificate cannot be issued without license number, credential, and signature on the roster.
Refunds: If you need to cancel, your fee can be applied to another program, or be refunded minus a $10 processing charge if you notify the Department of Education at least 48 hours prior to the start of the program. No refunds are paid after the 48-hour deadline.
Hutchinson Regional Medical Center reserves the right to cancel or postpone a program when necessary or if minimum enrollment is not met. Refunds are made in full if the program is cancelled by HRMC. Reasonable attempts will be made to notify registered participants of program changes/cancellations.