Respiratory Health and Treatments
The team at Hutchinson Pulmonology Associates, part of Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, focuses on caring for patients with complex respiratory issues. We measure your pulmonary function and provide breathing treatments to help you breathe easier.
We specialize in treating individuals afflicted with:
- Asthma and reactive airway diseases
- Chronic cough
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Hemoptysis (coughing blood)
- Interstitial lung diseases and lung fibrosis
- Lung cancer
- Mediastinal lymphadenopathy
- Occupational lung diseases
- Pleural diseases and pleural effusion
- Pneumonia and pulmonary infections
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary nodules
- Pulmonary vascular diseases and pulmonary hypertension
- Respiratory failure
- Sleep apnea and other sleep disorders
1701 E. 23rd Ave.
Hutchinson, KS 67502
Pulmonology, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Services Include:
- Airway management
- Electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial tissue ablation (Argon plasma coagulation, Cryotherapy, Cryobiopsy)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound and Transbronchial Needle Aspiration (EBUS/TBNA)
- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopy procedures
- Lung biopsy (Endobronchial, Transbronchial)
- Management of critically ill patients
- Management of Mechanical ventilation
- Methacholine challenge test (airway hyperresponsiveness)
- Non-Invasive ventilation (CPAP/BiPAP/ASV/AVAPS)
- Pleurodesis (chemical or talc)
- Pulmonary function tests, arterial blood gas analysis, and exercise studies
- Sleep studies (Including in-lab polysomnography, Home sleep studies, Mean sleep latency testing, Actigraphy and Maintenance of wakefulness testing)
- Thoracostomy tube insertion
- Tunneled pleural catheter insertion
Leaving the hospital? If testing determines that you need additional respiratory assistance after being discharged from hospital care, we’ll guide you in the right direction.
- We work closely with Health-E-Quip to set up home oxygen, CPAP and BIPAP equipment. A Health-E-Quip representative will provide one-on-one instruction to help you use the equipment properly.
- We also offer Cardiopulmonary Rehab as an outpatient service. Our AACVPR certified program is designed to help people with chronic pulmonary problems improve their quality of life through exercise, education, counseling, and support for patients and their families.
Meet Mohammed Al-Halawani, M.D.
Internal Medicine at Saint Michael’s Medical Center, Seton Hall University in Newark, NJ
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Sleep Medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University, New Haven, CT
Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Sleep
Meet Tariq Musa, M.D.
Internal Medicine at Morristown Medical Center, New Jersey
Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pulmonary Diseases