A Critical Partner in Emergency Care
In order to deliver the most coordinated, efficient emergency response, Hutchinson Regional Medical Center and Reno County Emergency Medical Services are true healthcare partners — the EMS service is a department of the hospital, with its main garage located here. This partnership allows collaboration, helping to better meet the emergency healthcare needs of our neighbors and communities.
Reno County EMS is staffed by 35 paramedics and eight EMTs and, on average, responds to over 7,400 calls a year.
An Advanced Life Support Provider
- Paramedic teams are trained for advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support and pre-hospital trauma life support.
- Reno County EMS covers 1,250 miles in its mission to serve the third-largest county in Kansas.
- EMS coordinates and relies on first responder teams and EMS-certified volunteers to provide immediate response in rural areas. Volunteer EMS departments exist in Buhler, Haven, Pretty Prairie, Nickerson, Sylvia, and Turon. Reno County EMS provides volunteer training, supplies, back-up coverage, and advanced life support assistance.
- The EMS/hospital partnership is key to the hospital’s continued certification as a Level III Trauma Center.
- Hutchinson Regional Medical Center patients benefit from the quality care provided by EMS personnel before and upon arrival at the hospital.
- Reno County EMS enjoys access to patient center/best practice education from Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, another way our staffs work together for patients.