Providing End-of-Life Care
When the time comes for a patient’s comfort care, Hospice & Homecare of Reno County’s services provide physical pain management, as well as emotional support for the patient and family.
To qualify for Hospice care, HHRC upholds criteria established by Medicare, Medicaid or the patient’s insurance provider.
Generally, a patient must be diagnosed with a life-threatening disease that suggests a six-month or less prognosis. A patient who exhibits end-stage disease indicators identified by their primary care physician may also be eligible.
Additional guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- The patient must be under the care of a physician. All services must be ordered and approved by a physician.
- The patient or their family must desire services for the patient’s care.
- The patient’s home must be adequate for safe and effective care.
- Additional criteria set by the patient’s insurance carrier.
- The patient must live within a 50-mile radius of Hutchinson. We serve patients in Barton, Ellsworth, Harper, Harvey, Kingman, Marion, McPherson, Pratt, Reno, Rice, Saline, Sedgwick, Stafford and Sumner counties.