COVID Visitation Policy
Hutchinson Regional Medical Center believes the best patient outcomes occur when families can be involved in care and present at the bedside. We want to provide this benefit, even during the current COVID surge, but we need your help. Please follow our visitation guidelines by ensuring only two visitors are present at a time and wearing a mask for the entirety of each visit. Helping us manage visitation for your loved one will allow us to continue providing visitation options, and keep our facility safe for patients and employees. Please help us help your loved one!
- Emergency Room – The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours a day for emergency patients only. Visitors for other hospital departments are now allowed to use this entrance.
- Main Entrance – Open Monday through Friday 6:00 am to 7:00 pm, and 7:00 am to 7:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Same Day Surgery – Open Monday through Friday 5:00 am to 3:00 pm for surgery patients and visitors only.
The following restrictions to visitation are still in place:
- No Visitors are allowed for COVID positive patients.
- Family members are welcome to call and video chat or talk as patient conditions allow.
- The hospital requests that one designated family member call and receive updates about the patient. This helps the hospital provide consistent updates and information regarding the patient’s condition.
- Pediatric Patients can have Both Parents and/or Designated Support Persons in the room at a time, whether the child is being treated in the ED or on the Pediatric Unit.
- Emergency Department, Telemetry (5100), Medical/Surgical & Ortho (3300), Inpatient Rehab (4100), Pulmonary (4400), Labor & Delivery (4400) can have Two Visitors at a time.
- Behavioral Health (3400) – Visitation is restricted to 2 visitors per day from 1 pm – 4 pm.
- For Outpatient Visits/Appointments (Physician office visits, Same Day Surgery, Cath Lab, Wound Care, Radiology, Therapy, etc.) patients may bring up to 2 visitors if needed for care or support.
- Children 12+ will be able to visit as long as they are accompanied by an adult the entire time, except for ICU.
- All Nursing Unit waiting rooms are open in a limited capacity for families of patients on Hospice and/or comfort care. (ED, ICU, 3rd floor, 4th floor, & 5th Floor), otherwise visitors are asked to stay in the patient’s room while they are visiting, and once they are done visiting to exit the facility.
Hutchinson Regional Medical Center understands the value of family support for patients however, the safety of patients and staff requires us to make changes to our visitation policy.
The best way to help support your loved ones and the healthcare workers who are diligently caring for them is to wear your masks, practice good hand hygiene, exercise social distancing, don’t participate in groups larger than 10 people and support guidelines endorsed by the Reno County Health Department, Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Centers for Disease Control.
Screening process will involve checking each priority level of the symptoms reported
High Priority Symptoms – ONE of these three symptoms listed requires the person to return home to self-isolate and call their primary physician for further instructions. If the symptoms warrant urgent medical care encourage the person to go call their primary care immediately, go to the Hutch Clinic Respiratory Clinic, Prairie Star Clinic or offer to take the person to the Emergency Room.
- Fever of 100.4 F or higher
- Lower Respiratory Illness (cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing)
- Exposure to a known COVID positive person
Lower Priority Symptoms – THREE of these symptoms requires the person to return home to self-isolate and call their primary physician for further instructions.
- Muscle pain or aches
- Sore Throat
- Change in the ability to smell or taste