Our certified and licensed speech-language pathologists are trained to evaluate and treat disorders that affect your speech, language, cognition and swallowing. Using personalized treatment plans we help you restore or improve your communication abilities and your cognitive function.
Our Speech Therapists are specialists in the evaluation and rehabilitation of swallowing disorders. If a patient’s condition requires it, the Speech-Language Pathologist or Physician may recommend a Modified Barium Swallow Study for diagnostic evaluation of swallow function.
Treatment options for Swallowing
- Vital Stim® performed by a Certified Therapist
- Strengthening Exercises
- Diet modification
- Strategies to improve safety and function
Other outpatient services include:
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Aphasia (word finding)
- Apraxia (difficulty speaking)
- Dysarthria (slurred speech)
- Facial Droop
- Dysphagia (swallowing)
- Feeding Aversion
- Cognitive Therapy
- Speech & Language Deficits in children
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Myofunctional Therapy (Tongue Thrust)
- LSVT Loud (Parkinson’s voice program)
Admission to any of our services requires a referral (prescription) from a physician. To make an appointment, simply call Rehab Services at 620-665-2104.