Cardiothoracic surgery is the field of medicine involved in surgical treatment of organs inside the chest—generally treatment of conditions of the heart (heart disease) and lungs (lung disease). Our cardiothoracic surgeon is available 24 hours a day.
Hutchinson Regional's capabilities include:
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Minimally Invasive Coronary Artery Bypass
- Valve Repair and Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Atrial Fibrillation Ablation
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation with CABG/Valve Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Thoracotomy for Lobectomy or Wedge Resectionas of Lung Masses
- Pacemaker Placement
- Vascular Surgeries for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair - Abdominal and Thoracic
We are often able to perform bypass surgery “off pump”. During a “off pump” coronary artery bypass surgery, the heart is not stopped and the patient is not put on a cardiopulmonary bypass machine (heart-lung machine). This technique, under the skilled hands of our surgeon, decreases the patient’s time under anesthesia and their hospital stay. Additionally, it reduces the risk of stroke, renal failure, and bleeding. We also offer a surgical treatment for atrial fibrillation.
Our Cardiothoracic Surgeon: